Friday, November 20, 2015

Suzy Plays Aspiring Opera Singer in Lee Jeong-pil Feature Film "The Sound Of A Flower"

from yonhapnews.com
Suzy, an actress and member of the girl group Miss A will be playing the lead role in director Lee Jong-pil's upcoming feature film "The Sound of A Flower". Suzy will be playing Jin Chae-seon, the first female pansori singer in the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1897), a period where women were not allowed to perform on stage.

In an interview with the Yonhap News Agency, Suzy revealed that she was very much moved after reading the script as Jin Chae-seon's story resonated well with her as there were parallels between her life and Jin's.
"My parents didn't approve of my singing and dancing. So sometimes I hid the fact that I was going out to practice."
"There were many times when I felt I wasn't good enough. I remember crying helplessly at the dance studio because I wanted to quit. I was so frustrated and sad."

Suzy practiced pansori for almost a year in order to prepare for the upcoming role.

Read more of Suzy's interview here:

No comments:

Post a Comment